Friday, December 1, 2017

Rosa multiflora: FREE "Naked Harbin Ethnography" book in digital form ... Harbin's Ganesha Das, and Heartsong's responses to giving my "Naked Harbin Ethnography" to them, Visit the Harbin Gate here ~ http://tinyurl.com/p62rpcg ~


Ishvara, Sajjad, Alexa, Peter B (Ganesha Das), Eric and Heartsong (and Julie, Elaine and Rasul at https://cynefinwriters.com/about/), Prem and Jon,

I'm writing to send you all a copy of my "Naked Harbin Ethnography" book in digital form - with original covers. Thank you for permission to write it, Ishvara, vis-a-vis the interview you gave me in 2008. And thank you for your thoughts about publishing it, Sajjad, in the pool area a couple of years ago.  



And thank you again, Ishvara, for the interview you gave to me back in 2008 in your home on Harbin property, and in preparation for my Harbin book; and thanks too to Julie Adams for permission to write my Harbin book (whom I talked to about this in person in her office near the Warehouse), in 2008 too, I think. Thanks too to Peter Braun / Ganesha Das for signing off on all the Harbin photos as an employee of Harbin/HCC in the summer of 2016 (in two phone conversations, and in email), and to the other people/Harbinites who gave permission for me to use their photos in my book. 

Ishvara, your great interview (with me) is in the book, as you may know. I'm including my friend Ed in this email - who bought my "Naked Harbin Ethnography" book when it first came out. And Sunheart has been a great Harbin friend over the years, as well as a great informant for my actual virtual Harbin anthropological book "Naked Harbin Ethnography: Hippies, Warm Pools, Counterculture, Clothing-Optionality & Virtual Harbin."

If Harbin carries paper copies of it when its bookstore reopens in 2018, "Naked Harbin Ethnography" retails for $64.95 so Harbin would make around $26 for each book HCC sells (if I get you the copies). It's beautiful enough to be a coffee table book too. 

I'm glad the WUaS Press's first book product has recently been carried online on the VIRTUAL SHELVES of Wal-mart - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Naked-Harbin-Ethnography-Hippies-Warm-Pools-Counterculture-Clothing-Optionality-and-Virtual-Harbin/672874383 (in addition to Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Naked-Harbin-Ethnography-Counterculture-Clothing-Optionality/dp/0692646132 ) - which is a real success for the Academic Press at World University and School, in terms of reaching a bunch of new potential buyers. 

And I hope to publish another book of Harbin-inspired mostly 'Haiku-ish" poetry this autumn ~
Haikuish                   
And Other Loving Hippie Harbin Poetry

by Scott MacLeod
http://www.scottmacleod.com/HaikuishPoetryBook.html ...



... and re these poems ...

Haiku~ish

Blackberries: Harbin Haiku-ish
http://scottmacleod.com/poetry.htm.

I hope you enjoy looking / reading through "Naked Harbin Ethnography." 

Sincerely,
Scott




-- 
- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President  

- World University and School


- CC World University and School - like CC Wikipedia with best STEM-centric CC OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization. 


*

Hi E, 

Glad to have heard back from Harbin's Peter Braun / Ganesha Das, who gave permission for his Kirtan photo and some others, and signed off on the other mostly social media photos, in relation to my "Naked Harbin: book to the letter in this thread (but the other email thread to a bunch of Harbinites). And he concludes to: "Perhaps we'll bump into each other on Opening Day."

Hmm ... what did Ishvara's email intend? ... and when's Opening Day, and might I/we head up to Harbin then? 

How was your day? And how are you?

Fondly, 
Scott


peter braun

10:59 AM (10 hours ago)
to me
Congratulations on the book and thanks for the digital copy!

To be clear, the only authority I have or had in "signing off" on photographs would pertain to those already in the public domain or specifically any from my extensive collection of vintage Harbin postcards. It doesn't appear that you used any from my collection although I appear in a photo receiving a watsu from Inika and leading a kirtan in the Upper Stonefront.
And I was particularly pleased and amused to see Hans' picture of my Studebaker as the "Harbin Mobile" in the final pages.

I hope the book does well.
Perhaps we'll bump into each other on Opening Day.

Namaste',
  ~ Peter

Peter Braun
(707) ... ....


"...For where two or three are gathered in my Name, there I am among them." ~ Matthew 18:20


*

Sunheart Sunheart

Nov 27 (2 days ago)

Scott ; What an oddessy of virtual/  fractal-factual/ socio-ethnic/ romantic-poetic/ temporal-projective/  nostalgic wishful artistry of Yourself--in your Next-Life : 2.618.... and on & on goes the throes of prose & the noetry-poetry ...

I read to over 120 pages then took the "ride" of getting the pictures of your thorough conveiance...

A great Inner-Infrastructure Mindscape ... Upon which to Build another H A R B I N  ... within the vast spaces of all your words ... Jai ScottπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

*
Harbin Hot Springs' Book  
Visit the Harbin Gate here ~  



*









...



No comments: